Spring is almost there but road trips and vacations are all year long! Today I want to share a few tips for you to stay healthy during your road trips, flights or at your stay. If health is important for you as it is for me then you want to keep some tricks on your sleeves to stay as healthy as you can during your vacation.
Fuel Before You Leave
If you are taking a trip, specially a long one, then you want to make sure you eat well before you leave the house. The best way you can do this is by making sure you have a complete balanced meal to get your daily need of nutrients for your day and stay energized, fulled and enjoy the journey.
A good meal helps you to stay satisfied and keeps you from reaching for junk food on the pick stops or at the airport.
Remember that you meal must have:
- 1-2 cupped hands of carbs
- 1-2 thumbs of fats
- 1-2 palms of protein
- 1-2 fists of vegetables
Once you out of the house you can make sure to take with you some fresh fruits, yogurts, protein bar, grilled veggies or nuts.
ROAD TRIP NUTRITION
Need help staying fueled on the go? I got you!
Whether your are on a road trip, or on a long trip to the airport or your vacation rental, you will very likely crave something on the way. Usually we stop on a gas station, but they don’t have many great healthy options for us, however, if you take a good look around, there a few things that can still work on your favor.
If we take in consideration our nutritional needs we could opt for:
- Proteins: Protein bars
- Carbs: Fresh fruits or crackers
- Fats: Nuts or nut butters
- Veggies: Take some from home like carrots or broccoli.
You can also take some homemade goodies such as your protein bar, meals or quick salads.
Eat While You Fly
Long road trips, long hours of wait in the airport and then, more hours of traveling on the plane and you are just to hungry to wait or simply it is snack time. First thing I would recommend is that once you enter the security area on the airport, go do a search for healthy meals or snacks for you to take with you on your flight, that way you can make sure you not only will have something to eat there but that it will be healthier or according to your eating lifestyle.
But if for any reason didn’t had time to buy something on the airport then try asking for the menu or tapas box options. They often provide snacks and nuts that you can pick and get some OJ or water to keep you fuller for longer.
Your Stay: Making It Feel Like Home
If you are staying at a hotel or a Air BNB there are a few things you want to make sure to have so you can stay healthier and save some money on food out and have what you need at any moment you get hungry or need a snack while in the room.
- Search for places that has a mini-fridge so you can buy milk, yogurt and some fresh fruits.
- Most Air BNB comes now days with a kitchenette which it is much better because you can save even more money by making your own meals at your stay and use that money to have fun out. Also, you will be making sure you are eating healthier.
- Check out for near by farmers markets and grocery stores to get your goodies.
- If want to save time in the kitchen while in vacation then try to do some easy meal prep on the first day of your vacay. You can season your meals ahead.You can peal and chop your fruits and veggies.You can measure your recipes and save them in separate bowls.
No matter what you choose or what set backs happens on the way, always make sure to enjoy the moment, enjoy your vacations, enjoy the company you’re with and enjoy whatever meal you get on your trip.
You will eventually go back home and be able to keep your healthy eating habits, no need for frustrations, bad memories or hard judgements. Have fun!
Tired of paying several memberships and buying two or three journals and caring them everywhere?
Tired of not knowing what to cook? To waste time looking for recipes? Of missing ingredients every time you start cooking?
Are you tired of not having a workout schedule? Paying for gym memberships? For not having support?
Need a community that gets you, understands you, and has the same mindful lifestyle that you are on?
Then MINDFUL EATING is for you!
Mindful Eating is a membership website where you will get EVERYTHING you need to live a mindful healthy lifestyle in ONE PLACE!
Yes, you can now have,
Health, Wellness, Nutrition and Fitness
in ONE place.
ONE MONTHLY PAYMENT!
I know where I have been all this time?! But truth is I was exactly where you are now and as soon I got tired of spending so much money on my health and wellness as a single mamma of three I decided to make a change for myself and for all ladies out there having the same issues that I was having.
Every month you will get:
- Personal coaching by me.
- Healthy recipes ideas.
- Workout plan with photos and videos on how to do it.
- Printable PDF’s of all your meals and workouts so you can take them with you to the grocery store or gym.
- Monthly mindful kits where I teach you new skills to master your mindful lifestyle.
- Access to my library with all the books, movies and resources that I use or recommend to a healthy mindful lifestyle.
- FREE access to my book club.
- FREE access to our private FB group and IG account.
- Special discounts on Stephanie’s Wellness Shop and all my Arbonne products.
AND SO MUCH MORE!
You WANT save your spot by joining our waiting list NOW because:
- Doors will be open for LIMITED time ONLY.
- Price will go UP as soon as doors close and will NEVER be that low again.
- Spaces are LIMITED.
Go to http://www.amindfuleating.com to join the waiting list and save that spot NOW.
Go towww.amindfuleating.comto join the waiting list and save that spotNOW.